This weather data is being collected in Linden, Arizona, at 34.28 degrees North latitude and 110.12 West longitude, at an altitude of 6200 feet.
The weather data is collected by a Davis Instruments Vantage Pro2 system, consisting of an indoor console unit which receives weather data every 2.5 seconds from the outdoor sensor unit.
Integrated Sensor Suite
The integrated sensor suite combines a rain collector, temperature and humidity sensors, and anemometer into one package. For improved accuracy, temperature and humidity sensors are housed inside a radiation shield. The shield protects against solar radiation and other sources of radiated and reflected heat.
Vantage Pro2 Console
The Vantage Pro2 console includes features such as forecasting, on-screen graphing, and more. Quick-view icons show the forecast at a glancesunny, partly sunny, cloudy, rain or snowwhile a moving ticker-tape display gives more details.
The WeatherLink software
The WeatherLinksoftware enables you to:
- View all of the data on your PC
- Create and generate weather summaries
- See current conditions at a glance on the instant weather bulletin. Graph data on a daily, weekly, or yearly basis. Or view multiple weather variables at the same time to see their relationships.
- Create Weather Watcher Reports in NOAA National Climatic Data Center Format.
- View special reports on heating degree days, cooling degree days, and fuel-oil demand.
- Create your own weather website or post weather conditions to a LAN.
- Share your data with the National Weather Service to develop improved weather prediction models.